Terms and Conditions
- The ‘Purchaser’ shall be deemed to be the Person(s) or Company responsible for executing payment for the goods or services ordered and subsequently supplied by us as the ‘Supplier’. In the case of the Purchaser being a limited company, the directors will be held personally liable in the event of company failure, or a dispute over payment.
- The ‘Supplier’ shall be deemed to be the limited liability company known as KAT Europe Ltd (Company no. 07881386) whose registered office is at Fen Lodge, Main Road, Scalby, Brough, HU15 2UU and warehouse at Wallingfen Business Park, Main Road, Newport, Brough, HU15 2RH
2. ORDER PROCESSING & CANCELLATIONS
- To process your order and to provide you with the best possible service, we require your name, contact information, billing and delivery address.
- All goods are priced in Pounds Sterling (£) or Euros (€). Prices displayed on the Website exclude Value Added Tax which will be charged at the current rate. Delivery costs are additional.
- Although we try to ensure that all prices on the Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of items you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
- Prices displayed on our Websites apply to online purchases only. They are not indicative of the price of identical items purchased by any other means. We reserve the right to update prices displayed on our Websites at any point.
- To guarantee the highest security for your credit or debit card details we process all card payments using Stripe and Paypal.
- Should we need to issue a refund due to a price change or item being out of stock we may need to contact you to obtain your card details.
- We also accept payments through bank transfer from all major UK banks.
- Title to the goods will pass to you on payment in full of the price of the goods.
- If you wish to cancel your order, please contact our Sales Department. As we try to process orders immediately it may not always be possible to prevent an order from being despatched. If your order has already been despatched you may return the items to us in accordance with our Returns Policy (below).
- As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of an item we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item’s normal postage charge. We cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge. This only applies if the order is cancelled prior to dispatch.
- You may pay for the items which you order online by supplying your credit/debit card details on the secure online order form. When you place your order, our system automatically asks your card issuer for authorisation for this amount. If we get a valid authorisation, your card issuer will hold this value expecting a charge from us. Receipt of your credit card details and debit of payments does not constitute our acceptance of your order.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of data when communicating with KAT Europe Ltd via email. Accordingly please do not send us payment information using email. For details of the security measures we employ please read our Privacy Statement. Unless we are fraudulent or negligent we will not be liable to you for any losses caused as a result of unauthorised access to the personal and transactional information you provide us when placing an order.
- Our standard terms for approved accounts are strictly net 30 days unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Accounts are approved after completion of our account application form and agreement of credit terms.
- Goods will only be supplied on account if we receive an official company order and agreed payment terms are adhered to. If any overdue payments are outstanding, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action to recover them.
- All goods remain the property of KAT Europe Ltd until all sums owing are paid in full, but the risk shall pass to the Purchaser immediately the goods are delivered.
- We reserve the right to withhold further supplies if any account becomes overdue, and interest may be charged on overdue accounts in accordance with the Statutory provisions of law.
4. DESPATCH & DELIVERY
- All in-stock orders will normally be dispatched within 2 working days from receiving a cleared payment.
- The goods will be delivered at the address provided on the order form and must be signed for on delivery. It is advisable to indicate a contact telephone number.
- Delivery is an additional cost and confirmed at checkout for online orders or by order confirmations supplied by email.
- Please advise us if you do not receive your item(s) within 5 working days of placing your order so that we can trace the parcel. If we are unable to deliver the items within your chosen arrival period, we will aim to contact you to discuss your options and dispatch as soon as possible.If the items are not delivered within the time period we specify in the Confirmation Email, please contact our Sales Department quoting the order reference contained in your Order Confirmation Email.
- Delivery occurs when the items are delivered to the delivery address you specified when placing your order. At this point, responsibility for loss, breakage and damage passes to you. Should you specify at point of order that goods are left with a neighbour, this is done so at your own risk.
- Despatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
5. ORDERS FOR DELIVERY OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM
- The products specified on this website are suitable and approved for use for customers within the United Kingdom (excluding Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Customers who choose to purchase items for usage and distribution to locations outside the United Kingdom do so at their own risk and have a personal responsibility regarding compliance with local laws.
- Information regarding the application and use of products supplied is available on request in accordance with Section 6 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974. All goods are supplied on the condition that we cannot be held responsible if they are used for any other purpose than that specified by the manufacturer.
- The Purchaser is responsible to assess the risks and to satisfy himself fully as to the suitability of the product for the particular purpose intended. Any advice given is without legal responsibility and solely on the basis of information received. (See regulation 6 of C.O.S.H.H. Regulations 2002 & regulation 3 of Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999).
- Some Waders in our product range feature safety footwear. This safety footwear is produced to the relevant CE standards by reputable manufacturers who carry the necessary certification. The purpose of the waders in our product range is to offer waterproof protection above the height of a typical boot or wellington boot. However, we do not CE mark the complete product as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). For further details, please do not hesitate to contact our sales office.
- We also offer some garments that are produced using Fluorescent reflective tapes. Unless stated on the User Information sheet included in the product and on the Care Label of the garment, these garments are not necessarily CE marked to offer Hi-Vizibility protection to EN 471 or EN ISO20471.
7. RETURNS & COMPLAINTS
- If the goods are damaged in-transit, please sign the carriers’ delivery note `Damaged’ and notify us immediately along with pictures. We will arrange to have the item returned at our expense and you will be given the option to have the product replaced at no charge to you or to have a full refund.
- Goods that are not acceptable for other reasons (e.g. incorrect colour, size, fit etc) may be returned within 7 days for a refund or replacement, but in all cases you must contact us first for authorisation. Goods will be returned at your expense and will be subject to a 20% re-stocking charge at our discretion if applicable. Please note, we will only accept returned goods in ‘as new’ condition.
- If we have sent you an incorrect item, we will arrange to collect the item and refund or replace, or advise otherwise.
- Should you have any complaints about our products or services, please put this in writing and send to us via e-mail or via our contact form. Any complaint received will be acknowledged within 5 working days and you will be informed of a projected time scale for dealing with that complaint, together with the steps we intend to take in dealing with it.
- Garments logoed with company names are classed as Bespoke, and therefore cannot be returned for credit unless agreed.
- We reserve the right to request payment for any Bespoke garments either in part or in full, before the order is processed.
8. EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL
- We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
9. JURISDICTION & ALTERATIONS TO OUR WEBSITE & TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We reserve the right at any time to make changes to our Websites, Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and such other policies as we may notify you of. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time you use and order from the Website or from us. Changes which we are required to make by law could apply to orders which you have already made. If any of the terms and conditions forming the contract between us are deemed invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason, it will be deemed severable and not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
- These conditions of sale override any Conditions imposed by the Purchaser, even if submitted in a later document.
- All contracts between the Seller and the Purchaser shall be governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and the Purchaser agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Law in England in respect of them.